Sunday 17 July 2011

July 17th - Trial Eligiblity 3?

SUNRISE - PRIANO, ITALY 

Our balcony view ... now this is how to start every morning!!!!


I can’t believe it was June 24 when I last posted to this site. The biopsy I discussed in that blog came back showing no cancer cells. Short lived as that good news was, it was because the tissue sample taken was too shallow and so did not capture any cancer cells. This meant another biopsy had to be done, completed the same day on Wed. last week while we were at PMH to have my blood work, chest x-ray completed and to see the oncologists. Fortunately my clinic trial nurse who is a sweetheart, personally ran the sample across the street to Toronto General Hospital where the analysis was done immediately. Results on Friday showed the cancers cells in the nodules are metastasized lung cancer. So we now know this for sure.
Dr Sheperd commented how good I looked considering what I have gone through. Dr Bezjak commented she could tell I was still up for the fight ahead. All are positive signs that we are on the right track for this battle.
The next step has the slides going to the US for eligibility testing to see if I can get into the clinical trial for the experimental drug ARQ197 along with Tarceva.
I remain positive that I can fight this disease. And I am thankful to everyone for their continued good wishes. Stay cool over the next few days, and I will post again when I know my status on entering the clinical trial.

Fran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home