Tuesday 19 April 2011

Happy Tuesday - April 20

 Today, two photo's for the price of one...

                 MOUGINS, FRANCE

Couldn't decide which photo to include and since it is free, why not both.

This was an amazing day during our first trip to Europe...the weather was great and as you can see, the view was breathtaking.

The drive up to this town was so beautiful,
it was February and you could see spring all over the hills...as I said, it was amazing.


A quick update on me...well, talk about expertise.  I was told that 10 days after radiation finished my hair would be gone.  How right they were.  It was a week ago today that I finished and sure enough, I am shedding.  I feel like Pig Pen of Charlie Brown fame.  Good thing I have not invited anyone for dinner, there would not be as hair net big enough to hold on to that.

I am feeling stronger, and not quite as tired as I was and still only have half a tank running.  I do have to remember it was only last week I finished radiation..slowing down takes practice, something I will have to work on. 

For the most part, (if I say so myself) I passed radiation with flying colours.  I escaped the headaches that many experience, do not have any burning of the skin that could have been a side affect and (so far) have not needed to go back on steroids...so all in all I am very pleased.

As I have said, there is positive in everything...I am proud to say that Don prepared his first prime rib dinner on Sunday....it was FANTASTIC!!  A new claim to fame for him....way to go Don, I love you.

Hope each of you find a little sunshine in your day...I almost need sunglasses for mine.

Take care,
Fran

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

My Dear Friend. I check your blog daily and I am glad to hear you are eating and that Don is taking good care of you. I miss our converstations. There is much to catch up on. Don't worry about the hair loss you were always the one in your family that had more hair. You have just caught up to them. ha ha
Your friend Caroline

20 April 2011 at 12:51  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Fran
Ged and I want you, Don and the boys to know that we are cheering for you and holding you close in our prayers.
Keep up the good fight. Your spirit is an inspiration to all of us!!
love
Ged and Nancy

21 April 2011 at 07:48  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home