Monday 4 April 2011

A definate setback - April 4


Now this is an oldie...A trip to Florida - 1993. 

I have been surrounded by my incredible men forever.  It is why I know that we will overcome the latest round of news. 

I received a call today. The recent MRI of my brain show that there are two small spots that cancer has spread to.  To say that it is not a setback would be a lie, however there is ALWAYS good news if you look for it.  Sometimes, I need my team to help me see that.

Tomorrow  I will begin 5 rounds of radiation. It will be daily (not including the weekend) and finish on Monday. This will delay chemo by 2 weeks, which is disappointing.  If you read  my early posts you know that I am anxious to get that started, but this is the best course of treatment now.  Since we are now going this route, they will raditate the area in my back that has been causing some pain.

It also means that I will loose my hair...so, we will have a new family photo taken. All the guys have agreed that we will not let this opportunity pass...so, stay tuned...it will be proudly posted.  The other side effect of this is fatigue...good thing I didn't have many plans for the next few days.

Now as I said, there is always good news if you look for it....this time it was Brad that brought this to light!! 

STARTING TOMORROW, we will be killing cancer cells...so it is a win/win....finally on the attack and getting rid of some pain at the same time....now that is good news.

Like I said, we are a team...


-Fran

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo-Anne said...

Franny you are so blessed to be surrounded by so much love from all your boys, your team! Your boys are your shining light! They will provide you with so much strength! With all of your combined strength and your determination...let the attack on cancer begin!!
Love Jo

4 April 2011 at 18:47  
Blogger Unknown said...

xoxoxo! From All of Us!
Love, Ei, J, n K

4 April 2011 at 21:40  
Blogger Nancy said...

Fran you are the Pillar of Strength. A true inspiration to all.

Remember every minute of every day how many people care for you and are sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.
I'd love to hear your voice if you are up to it.
-Nancy

5 April 2011 at 17:44  
Blogger Caroline said...

Hey Girlfriend,
Thinking of you, Hoping you are kicking some cancer ass this week.
Love ya
Caroline

7 April 2011 at 07:40  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home