Monday 21 March 2011

March 21st



Well, if you are coming to read my journal, I guess you will have to put up with a little "home photo" show.  It is good for my soul.

This was taken at a restaurant on the boardwalk of Barcelona...it was amazing to have the sand and sea in the background.  What a beautiful walk back to our apartment.

It is hard to believe that it is Monday already.  Wow, how time flies when you have nothing to do..lol.

Today my chest felt a little tight, knowing that I have surgery on Friday, I contacted PMH and Bakker's office.  If there could be an infection of any kind, I want to catch it right away...delaying this surgery will not make me very happy.  (Lol)  Heard back from 2 of the medical team at PMH, they want me to monitor my temp and check in immediately if there is any fever.  So much for just being a number.  They were great.  I am also going to see the GP, just for a quick check..there is no way that I will let this surgery be delayed.

I am a little nervous about Friday, I guess anyone would be, but I am anxious to get it underway.  It is the first step to putting this all behind me.  "Step"  funny, how easy that sounds until you have to walk around on crutches.  I have a new respect for all those  people that have a lifetime of struggles just to get around.

I remember reading somewhere when I first found out about having LC, that in many ways it can have a positive affect.  I am already appreciating the very small things in life that we take for granted.  A lesson that I will remember for a very long time.

Thanks for checking in,
Fran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home