Thursday 2 June 2011

Where does the time go? - June 2nd



CUBA - WHAT A GREAT TIME --  Like I said where does the time go, this was 2007

Hello All, 

I know that you have been watching for updates to the blog and I have been somewhat remiss in updating it.  It seems that it was not that long ago that  I posted yet it was May 11th - wow...and to think that I have not been working...how did I fit time in for everything before? 

It has been rather a whirlwind.  I have had a second round of chemo, different cocktail than the first as it appeared that the first mixture was not working therefore my Oncologist changed the program.  I have also started and completed another round of radiation.  This time it was the tumor in the lung to shrink it, my pelvis to relieve pain and my back to prevent any growth of a spot they found.

At this point, I have had over 40 radiation treatments....talk about glowing in the dark, if I ever go missing I should be easy to find at night.

Over the long weekend, I was admitted to Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH) due to a pain reaction from the radiation.  I would rather have been at the cottage with the boys, however, it was in good hands.  They have got it open and ready to go as soon as I am up to it - Thank you, Boys..

This stay in the hospital was very eventful.  I was given a pain pump .. MAGIC .. no more pain, a blood transfusion ..  MAGIC .. hemoglobin back to normal, continued radiation as an in patient ..MAGIC..no more traffic!!!  I had no idea how annoying travelling to and from the city on a regular basis can be.  My heart goes out to each of you that must travel  into that city for work.  I remember why we picked an office only 7 minutes from our home...

Well, it is onward we go with this fight.  I would like to say that we have had an abundance of great news, but that is not the way with this ugly disease.  It does have it's  moments where the climb seems too high, but then I look around and see that the support I have has already pushed me half way up again. 

I will post again, hopefully not waiting a month to do so...

Again, thanks for all of your support, it makes the other half the climb easier.

-Fran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home