Thursday 31 March 2011

Good to be home - Mar 31



Hello Everyone,

It was good to get home yesterday.  There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed, unless it is in Priano, Itay where you can take a ferry to the Isle of Capri, which is where today's photo is from.  For a few of us, it is our own private "Blue Grotto".

Everything went well leaving the hospital, my doctors and nursing team were just amazing.  I did have an MRI which I was not quite prepared for (if you are claustrophic - take drugs!!!) but we sucessfully finished the test and headed home.

Today, I am quite mobile...well, as mobile as  one can be on  a cane but quite pleased at how well I can move.  Tomorrow brings a few more routine tests and then it is just rest to prepare for the next leg of the journey that starts April 12.  I understand that the first day of  Chemo is not so bad, if possible, I will post how  that went.

Thanks again for prayers and good wishes,
Fran

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. K. said...

Hey Fran,
So glad that I got this link so I could keep up to date on your progress. Erin's been filling us in so far, and we're thinking of you ALL the time!! STAY STRONG GIRL!!!!!!!
Lynne Karagias (don't mind the Mrs. K. thing - it's for my blogs at school!)

31 March 2011 at 22:00  
Blogger Caroline said...

Hi Girlfriend, I am so glad to see you are home. Not much new up here. The lake is still frozen but the water level is way down. The ice is actually sitting on mud in front of our place. Chelsea will be home on the 18th.

You will do awesome on the 12th because you are the strongest person I know.
Love you lots.
Caroline

1 April 2011 at 06:11  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thinking of you lots and sending you LOADS of WELL WISHES!
Love, Ei, J, n K

2 April 2011 at 21:13  
Blogger Angie_Krogman said...

Hope you had an amazing weekend with the kids. I told them to spoil you. haha
Blessings and prayers for the road ahead.
Angie

3 April 2011 at 11:22  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fran, you are sooooo strong. I think you should write a book. I love the way you write and how you describe.

7 April 2011 at 08:53  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home