Tuesday 29 March 2011

An Extra Day - March 30th


For all of the well wishers that had asked to see me at the hospital and graciously accepted that I declined, this is what you missed...lol, blue was never a favourite colour of mind and I assure you I feel stronger about that now.

As the blog title states...an extra day.  I will be leaving to go home tomorrow.  Before I dive into that subject let me tell you how difficult it is to give up a room with a view.  Although, I did get a private room, it in no way compares to what I had...large spacious room, wall to wall windows, the CN tower....and a new roommate!!!

Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, your neighbours, no matter where they are can make or break an enviroment.  And that is exactly what happened.  It was horrendous...from her rudeness to her know it all attitude...being so large that they had to hang her from the ceiling in a sling to be weighed (383 lbs - curtains are not soundproof)  (ok, that was kind of funny) to having sleep apnea and a mask the "squeeled and vibrated in the night"  - go  figure.  Anyway, one night was enough for me to re-instate my request for a private room, which gratefully took place last evening.

As mentioned, I am here for one more night.  We had a consultation with the Oncology team today.  I will be skipping radiation, at this point, and moving directly to Chemo which will begin on April 12th.
We have found some small tumors on my arms that did not appear on the PET scan as they were so tiny.  Moving directly to chemo will address those issues as well as the lung and bone tumors.

I am moving around REALLY well, and as a result, the Ortho doctor and Onc doctors believe that my healing will progress quickly enough to meet the April 12 date.

So, it is on to the next stage.  Home tomorrow, continue resting, healing and preparing.  I am focused and determined to beat this.

The war has already started...and the next battle is about to begin.  I know I have won the first round, just in how quickly I have bounced back.  The next may take a little time but I can do it.

Take care, I will post when we have an update or I am just bored.
Fran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home