Wednesday 23 March 2011

March 23 (or Dec 23?)



Ok, if I have to look at snow on March 23rd, it will be of the lake !! 

Today, my nephew said  "someone should punch that groundhog in the head"  I agree, I think that when we see this last snowfall of the year (hopefully) it reminds us how much we are awaiting spring. The upside is that it won't be long, no matter how much snow falls over the next day until the days will be warmer and the sun will feel great.

Today was pre-admission day...Mt. Sinai in the morning and a "nuclear heart test" this afternoon at Toronto General. (I really am going to glow in the dark.)  A well laid out plan...we could use the tunnel system to get back and forth between the two hospitals, combine both  appointments and save a trip downtown. Perfect!!  Well, if I thought walking the "PATH" was confusing - navigating through a construction zone is quiet another experience.  Top that off with the fact that neither Don nor I have succcessfully passed our "wheelchair" licence.  I must remember not to take my feet off the footrest (seems my feet get stuck underneath the chair during unexpected movement)  and Don must remember that the walls of the elevator do not give when struck by the unsuspecting feet of his passenger.  Oh, and speaking of footrests...I lost one today as well.  Good thing I remember to put my feet on them before we went too far.

It was certainly a long day but all is in place for Friday.  We will arrive by 10:00 am, surgery at noon, recovery for 2 hours and then to my room.  I suspect that time will go quickly for me...not so much for Don and the boys.  I suggested that they run over to the Hockey Hall of Fame for the "4 hour window"  I don't think they are going to take me up on it.

Hope everyone is home save, sound and warm and that your snow tires are still on.

-Fran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home